Monday, July 26, 2010

Karen's Birthday

A friend of mine celebrated her birthday on Saturday so I made this card for her.

I used the SU Eyelet Border punch on the cardstock at the top and bottom.

The tag border was made with the SU Top Note Die. I had previously cut out a black one and this uses the narrower negative edges. It is cut down to make a smaller size and the seams at the sides are covered with the tab and flowers. The embossed "Happy Birthday" is glued behind the border.

The flowers are made with an EK Success Medium Retro Flower punch. I punched three lighter purple and two darker purple for each flower. I distressed them with my paper crimper then spritzed them with water and wrinkled them. The alternated color layers are held together with a brad in the center. The leaves are also made with the same flower punch. I cut the green flower petals apart, used my stylus to dry emboss some veins in them and sponged the edges before gluing under the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment