Saturday, September 3, 2011

Orange Poppies

I like poppies because they bring back childhood memories.

These (from Rubber Stampede) were stamped and embossed with VersaMark ink and white powder then colored with SU inks. I used a makeup applicator to rub the ink onto the image, wiped the extra off of the embossed areas then sponged the edges. SU inks used: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Marigold Morning and Creamy Caramel.

The card and image layers were both cut with Nestabilities Labels 8 dies. I used 1/8" brown ribbon from my stash and the background paper is from EK Sucess.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I LOVE how you coloured your poppies

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and thank you so much for taking the time to react to my post about David. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the correct link for the "smoosh" technique. I have edited the post with the link. Thanks so much for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete