Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bee-lated Birthday Card

I have the hardest time remembering to send cards on time so belated ones have to be made. I sent this one to one of my husband's nieces whose birthday was in January.

The card base is Dark Coffee Brown Color Mates card stock. I used my Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa ink pad to make the wood grain. The dark yellow card stock is embossed with a Fiskars Honeycomb Texture Plate and brayered with SU Whisper White ink and mounted on dark brown card stock.
The friendly little bee is made with punches and I added the flight pattern with a black marker. Punches used: SU Med. Oval for body and stripes, 3/4" circle for head, 1/4" and 3/16" circles for eyes and antenna and EK Success Lg. Retro flower for wings. I used vellum for the wings and embossed them with my Fiskars Leather Texture Plate. The mouth is drawn with a white gel pen.
The saying on the inside of the card is printed on more of the dark yellow card stock and mounted with little side pieces of embossed honeycomb on the dark brown card stock.

The saying could also say "Ha-BEE Birthday!" if you are on time sending your greetings.

Have a Bee-utiful day!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment