Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Friday Mashup #152

This week the Friday Mashup challenges are a one layer card and/or a nautical theme.  This card has more than one layer so it is strictly nautical.

The Kraft card stock is stamped with a splatter background to create a sandy beach.  I used a medium brown ink and stamped it off on some scrap paper before stamping the sand. The water is a piece of thin vellum that had some wispy white on it.  I cut the wavy edge with deckle scissors and added some pale blue on the back with a Copic marker.  It was narrow enough to run through my Xyron to add adhesive to the whole back side so it would not show through.

The starfish and shells were stamped with a light grey and colored with markers.  The sentiment is dark brown

3 comments:

  1. What a neat beach scene you have created, your sandy beach looks terrific!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the water/sand combo on this card. It reminds me of walking on the beach by the ocean which I haven't done it years! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, I love your creativity with the nautical theme. The card base looks so much like sand, and the vellum water is really cool. Thanks for sharing with the Friday Mashup this week;0

    ReplyDelete