Mother's Day is coming up and this card is for my Mom.
I used the sketch from CAS(e) this-Sketch #74, the "Mother" theme from The Paper Players #194 challenge and the color challenge from Less is More #170.
The word Mother and matching background are water colored and splattered on watercolor paper with Stampin' Up colors Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo. I also used a white Zig Chalk Writer marker to add the white splatters. The word and black mat were cut on my Silhouette and I hand cut the angled background and mat. I sponged the edges of the light pink background with Regal Rose and mounted everything on a white card base. The flowers are punched from leftover watercolor background with a lighter punched circle and a black pearl in the centers.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a striking monochromatic card, Deb! The watercolored background is beautiful. I love the black contrast. The pearls are the perfect accent. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card for your Mum!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
LIM Designer
Pretty in pink! I'm sure your Mom will love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time, but a new laptop has taken a little time to set up and get to know!!
ReplyDeleteThis is simply super.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"